Thursday, November 21, 2013

Yesterday there were some little annoyances... like my camera battery going dead partway through Show&Tell at Busy Bees.  At least I got to see some lovely quilts, although I can't share many of them.
  
Joyce (program chair for the upcoming year) made up these 9 Hunter Star blocks to show the ladies what the January class will be.

Doris made this for her newest great-granddaughter,
born 2 days ago and (as yet) unnamed.

Sandy made this one for her granddaughter, whose favorite color is pink.  Since Sandy had no pink in her stash she'd been collecting whatever pink scraps were laid out on the table at the business meetings.

She also shared this beautiful wooden bowl her husband Tom made.  

Melissa shared her kaleidoscope UFO made with Laurel Burch fabric

and also this one called Fun & Done:

On the way home I stopped in to pick up the Rx that I called in the other day (I still had one refill left on it) but because the prescription had expired they have to call the doctor and get an okay.  

While waiting for Cindy to arrive I popped over to PetSmart to pick up a new heat lamp for Pokey; she decided a couple of nights ago that it's cooled off significantly at night (I have had to put a blanket on the bed) and has started sleeping in her crate.  But last year's bulb only worked for one night.  (This seems to happen each year.)  Of course I had brought the dead bulb with me so I know what I'm looking for, but when I went to put the bulb on the conveyor belt (just so I wouldn't drop it while I was getting $ out of my purse) I bumped it into the metal shelf alongside and (sigh) it shattered.  Luckily I was able to get a paper towel. spray bottle of water to dampen it, and plastic bag from the Clean Up Station nearby while the clerk waited on the customer ahead of me.  Said clerk was considerably surprised that I cleaned up my own mess.... (As was Neil, years ago at the hot springs, after the kiddie pool incident.)



Once Cindy arrived we had a nice lunch together, though she had to leave early to get Emily's passport so we really didn't make any progress on her quilt.  Between her schedule and mine, the next available date is December 13. I really hope that she will arrive on time so we'll have all day to work.

(On the bright side, her early departure yesterday did give me time to pop over to the library and pick up The Book Thief.)  


The folks responsible for repairing/redoing their (VERY crappy) pool replastering have not been at all responsible about showing up when they're supposed to, or even returning calls.  Tom finally had enough, and (after calling me over to be a 'witness') let the guy know how livid he was.  The guy lied to our faces - until Tom showed him the text message he had received from the guy as proof.  I then pointed out 3 different times he had dropped the ball (in this day of answering machines and cell phones there really is NO excuse) and how unprofessional that was.  Possibly it was the mention of calling the Better Business Bureau that got his attention, but around dinner time Tom got a call from the head honcho.  Maybe things will improve?

This morning I woke up at 3:30, and there was no possibility of taking anything to go back to sleep.  I have my ECHO test and bone scan scheduled for later, and am not to take any meds beforehand.  At least I have a good book to read!

Now it's time to go work on the wedding quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment