Saturday, November 16, 2013

Friday afternoon I had enough energy left (after subbing and being on my feet all morning) to rake dead branches and leaf litter from behind the shrubs out front.  The branches went onto the bulk trash pile, and the leaves I collected filled the two large green cans.  There are still plenty more of those tiny leaves back there (I'd say they're still about 4 inches deep everywhere I haven't yet raked) but at least I can see progress!

This morning I went to the memorial service for quilting friend Linda Hynick.  It was a moving service, and well attended; in addition to her family that flew in from all around the country, there were lots of quilters from her various groups.  Afterward there was even a lovely luncheon.  Linda touched so many lives, and will be greatly missed by many.  The 'I Spy' quilt that I made for Benny was inspired by one of Linda's quilts.

I decided afterward that I would stop in at The Other Quilt Store to help them celebrate their second birthday (and cheer myself up.)  Linda would have wanted me to, right?  I did make a couple of small purchases (everything was 25% off) and thought about signing up for a class. While I was at it I put my name in a drawing - and this evening I got an e-mail from Sheri that I am one of the four winners!  My prize is $25 off a class, and since the one I'd like to take is $30, that makes it virtually free!

Now that the front tree has been seriously trimmed (and light streams in the front windows) it showed just how dirty they had become.  So late this afternoon I hosed off all of them and then Windexed them.  They look a lot better, but the true test will be tomorrow when the sun is steaming through them.  I hope I didn't miss too many spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment