Monday, November 11, 2013

I had a wonderful weekend!!!

On Friday afternoon I rode up to Wickenburg with Jan in her RV.  It didn't take long to set up (next to Bernie & Barb's rig), and then we caught the rest of the afternoon's entertainment.  My beef  stew was a big hit with the group for dinner (already requested for next year), and then we headed out to listen to some jamming.

We didn't get much further than a few rigs down, where we found a group of very talented musicians: Mike Wallace (festival chairman), Ben Sandoval (festival coordinator), Bill Breen (MC), Alvin (one of the Sound Men), and several others.  I lasted until 9:00 when my back absolutely insisted I go lie down.  
(Despite 2 decades of back/hip issues, I'd had my very first attack of sciatica Thursday evening; it stabbed me through my buttock and ran down my leg....not only was it painful, but my leg wouldn't hold me up!!!)

Saturday morning Patti arrived, and it was 
another day of absolutely perfect weather and incredible music.

  For dinner Bernie grilled up the steaks we'd brought, and we managed to save a little room for Patti's 'to die for' brownie cheesecake afterward.  Then we sat in on the jam at our next-door-neighbors, who just happened to be the Dusty River Boys from Tucson.  Wow!

Sunday Jan had to leave around noon (so she missed the banjo, flat pick guitar, and open fiddle contests) but Patti and I stayed until the very end at 5:00 and I rode home with her.  First time I've been able to enjoy all 3 days (remember I won the passes for this year!) and we had such a good time that I think from now on I'll 'have to' stay for the duration.

I did do a little shopping up at the vendors, and also (virtually) finished up the HENRY bib (just need a couple more minutes to finish outlining the last letter.)

Dropping me off at home last night, Patti stayed to dine on our leftovers from the weekend: beef stew, her salad (with blackberries, mangoes, avocadoes!), the other loaf of sourdough bread, and the cheesecake for dessert!  Perfect ending to a perfect weekend.


This morning it was hard to get up when my alarm went off.  But I had my session with Jim at the gym at 9:00.  He put me through some new exercises, this time working on the mat targeting my abs.  According to him, it's the same routine the Dallas Cheerleaders use to 'warm up'.  

Wore me out..... I came home and took a nap for a couple of hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment