Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I visited briefly with Estera this morning (took some egg cartons over) and with Jeannie (she was on her way back from the grocery store as I was coming home from across the street) and then made the dreaded trip to the grocery store.  As I pulled into a spot I noticed that the woman in the next space had her hood up and her jumper cables out.  When I asked if she was expecting someone, she said no.  Apparently she'd bumped her light switch to ON before she went shopping, and came out to a dead car.  I offered to help.

First, I had to figure out where the hood release hatch is (even with help from the car manual, it wasn't that easy to find.)  Next, had to find the support 'stick' to hold up the hood.  But once those two hurdles were cleared, getting her car started was easy.

Once inside the store I found everything on the long shopping list (except bulghur wheat for the tabouli, and healthy-looking fresh green beans) and sailed right up to an empty check-out line!

While I was unpacking the groceries I got a text from Lisa.  She is sorry to have raised my hopes, and sadly won't be here tonight after all.  But at least her room is all cleaned up and ready for her arrival tomorrow.

Still plenty of stuff on my To Do list.  <sigh>  So I guess I'd better get at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment