Monday, November 18, 2013

I am feeling really good about this morning's workout with Jim at the gym.  

He commented that I've obviously been practicing my squats (which I really had trouble with in the beginning) since my form is excellent now.  I also did well on today's various machines, including a new one (for calves and Achilles heels) that seemed too easy so I upped the weights... although Jim did caution me that often those muscles take a day or two to complain.  We shall see! 

On the leg extensions (MY least favorite machine) I did 'okay' with both legs (boy do those burn!) but (as usual) when we tried each leg separately it was again apparent that my left leg has been doing most of the work for the past 2 decades (since I developed the bulging disk) because it worked great while the right leg was (beyond) pathetic even on lower weights.  Will have to work on that (gradually!)

Jim mentioned that Alex has been 'checking up' on me, asking how I'm doing, and Jim has assured him that I'm doing well.  However Jim did tell me that he is accustomed to seeing folks lose their focus during the holiday season; he hopes I won't fall into that group, and instead will continue my progress.  

Time for a shower, and then off to see the orthopedist and find out if I'll be continuing with PT, and/or be able to start working out upper body again at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment