Friday, July 26, 2013

Yesterday morning I got an early start and mowed the front yard.  The sky was threatening, and rain was possible - but it never happened.  Even though Tom didn't think it needed mowing yet  (don't think he'd looked on the far west side of the yard, which gets all that sun!) I 'managed' to fill up the entire second trash can with grass clippings.  (Filled up the first one a few days ago, working on the Back 40 hedge trimming the dead branches.  Now that the trailer is gone we have a 'great' view of the hedge, and I look forward to whenever I finish all 60 'shrubs'.)

I managed to get in a quick shower before Mary arrived; she'd been working a shift at the animal rescue place near by.  (She was dropping off some fabric for my next project, which will feature a scrappy look, so I need lots of different WOF strips.)  Of course she raved about Zach & Bekkah's quilt.  And I was able to send her home with a few goodies from Marty's boxes.  

Laura had texted earlier to see if I wanted to meet her and Viola and Sue at 35th Ave. (for the BIG 'Christmas in July' sale) but I declined.  Partly because I really don't 'need' anything <g> but mostly because I did NOT want to wait in line at the cutting table, and then again at the cash register.  But I invited them to swing by here on their way home and show me their goodies, which they did.  Viola, as Charity Chair, had the $200 grant to spend.  Since they got there before 9:00, they got an extra 10% off the already slashed prices, so she really got a lot of fabric out of those funds.  And what a good shopper; her total at the cash register (including tax) came to $200.12 - and I offered to chip in the 12 cents.  They also raved about the wedding quilt.  I am really excited to think that I will be able to get it in the mail soon.

After they left I mowed the Back 40, around the guest house. and on 37 Ave.  By then the sun had come out and it wasn't nearly as cool out, but of course it's also a lot less work sitting on the riding mower.  It was certainly a lot more pleasant mowing the weeds in the 'parking area' between the shop and cottage after all the rain we've had; it had tamped down the dirt and I was not encased in the usual wall of swirling dust!

I did not take a nap yesterday, although I did veg out on the couch and catch up on Law & Order reruns.  (And even caught a couple of 'new' episodes!)

Today I thought I'd mow the backyard - but it poured sometime during the night (I heard it) and everything is still quite wet so that's off the agenda for today.  The other thing scheduled is a trip to MIM.  Tom's never been, and he's going to love it.  It's definitely a world class museum - don't know anyone who's been there to visit who hasn't raved.  I spent 3 hours there on my first visit (mostly on the first floor), and have been looking forward to a second trip to properly do the second floor.

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment