Saturday, July 20, 2013

I had a delightful Friday afternoon; went down the street to meet Jeannie (took the quilt Pennie just finished for me) and we ended up chatting for 4 hours!  Honestly I kept trying to leave (she had been working at her longarm when I arrived, on a stunning Southwest quilt) but we were enjoying each other's company so much she just wouldn't let me go!  And I got this e-mail last night: I am so glad you came down for a visit.... I think we have a positive future ahead of us.....

Speaking of last night - At 10:00 there was a Severe Weather Warning issued for our part of the Valley.   

We were scheduled to do the gates on 35th Ave. at 10:40... but that was when the rain/wind/thunder/lightning was at its worst!  Tom prudently waited a bit to go up there.  

It was all rather intense, and I admit I was worried that one of our big trees would come crashing down onto the house.  First glance out the windows this morning just seems to show the yard littered with leaves.  Wonder how the dirt clods I moved yesterday settled in?  Good timing there at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment