Monday, July 22, 2013

Tom was busy cooking much of yesterday afternoon.  Lisa and Chas were in town (he's having some surgery this morning) and came for dinner, and Alex also. Tom fried up a batch of the fish he caught in Idaho, and also whipped up a batch of that yummy Mad Hatter salad.  (I look forward to the leftovers for lunch in a bit.)


Heard on the news today that many houses in Scottsdale flooded from yesterday's storm.  (Lisa and Chas were busy helping his folks bail water off their Scottsdale patio yesterday to keep their house from flooding.)  And of course the news last night was full of footage of drivers needing to be rescued from their vehicles when they tried to cross flooded washes.

It's MUGGY out there today.  

Glad I took care of things (sweeping dirt, branches, and other debris off of the front porch and driveway) early, although I still worked up quite a sweat.  After a shower it was off to the gym for my Monday morning appointment with Jim, where I continued to sweat.

He reminded me that I'm not competing against anyone but myself.  I have to agree - and anything I do  at the gym is an improvement over hanging out on the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment