Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I've been a busy bee this morning.  Chatted with Mom (how many people can you call at 6:00 in the morning?) Of course it does help that it's 3 hours later there...

At 7:00 I went out and mowed the front yard, swept the front porch and driveway, and watered the plants out there.  This time of day the front yard is pretty much all in the shade, and was actually cooler by the time I finished (a little after 8:00) because of the nice breeze that had come up.  

I filled up one trash can, and felt guilty about not schlepping the clippings over to the neighbor's horses.  But my back has been a little 'iffy' the past few days and I wanted to make it easy on myself.  However, when I went to put the mower back in the shed, turns out that the sound of the mower functions like Pavlov's bell.  

The way the horses were looking at me, expecting a pile of nice green grass and then looking heartily disappointed when I didn't dump any for them, made me really feel guilty!

After a (somewhat) refreshing dip in the pool I swept off the back porch and pool deck since Pokey leaves all sorts of mud souvenirs after irrigation.  Now it's 9:00 and I've already showered and whipped up a batch of oatmeal.  (Once I scooped it into my bowl I threw in a handful of blueberries for good measure - it was a good move.)  

Then it's off to have my port flushed.  Did I mention that it's a 45-minute round trip for a one- or two-minute procedure?

No comments:

Post a Comment