Monday, July 29, 2013

Surprisingly, even after waking up at 4:00 I did NOT take a nap yesterday, plus I was wide awake until Slumdog Millionaire finished at 10:30 last night.  But it's a good thing I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning.  I probably would have slept in, since I was in the middle of a dream when it went off.

Important news: I finished making the binding and then attached it to the quilt - and then spent much of the rest of the day under the hot lamp in the family room with the quilt on my lap.  Ah, Phoenix in late July!   Did get to watch some old movies on TCM while I was working: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (did you know that Julie Newmar played one of the 'other' six brides?), and Compulsion (a very young Orsen Welles played the defense attorney), among others.

FYI - Turner Classic Movies is running a 'special' in August.  Each day they will have a marathon where they showcase more than a dozen films featuring one actor/actress.

Check out the link below for a full list, and mark your calendar for your chance to OD on your favorite star!
http://summer.tcm.com/files/SUTSschedule_2013.pdf

With 400 inches to hand stitch on it'll take a while to complete the binding.

Still...

Of course my goal is to finish it up by Tuesday night so I can show it off in its full glory at the Busy Bees business meeting on Wednesday.

But if it's not done, them's the breaks!  There's always all day Thursday to finish it up since it would be

 to get it in the mail on Thursday before I leave on Friday.

Gotta run - off to the gym to work out with Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment