Friday, July 19, 2013

Up again at my usual time, 5:00.  From the damp deck and patio, and leftover puddles, it is obvious that we got some rain last night, although I never heard anything.  

I've already spent a couple of hours doing yardwork (picking up downed citrus, raking under trees, trimming a couple of bushes, moving dirt clods to build up barrier along chainlink fence, etc.)  But by 7:00 it was time to get into the pool and cool off (besides, the trash can was filled to overflowing.) As always, when in there I help Creepy clean the shallow end of the pool.


[Last night Tom decided to head for bed at 8:30.  Since he virtually always feels the need to give me a hard time no matter what time I head to bed (though admittedly I am no night owl) I tossed his usual snarky comment right back at him.  His (indignant) reply was, "I've been up since 5:00."]

About the time I came in for breakfast (yogurt and strawberries) he was having his first cup of the day.

While I enjoyed my breakfast, I chatted with Betty, and then Tracy.  (How many people can you call at 7:30 in the morning?  But I knew Betty would be up!)  Betty, a nurturer at heart, is enjoying taking care of her daughter post-surgery, and Tracy is enjoying being taken care of.  Sounds like a win/win situation to me!

In a bit I'll head off to the gym.  Since I didn't make it yesterday (I really was too busy to fit it in) I really need to go today.
I don't plan to get wild and crazy since my back has been complaining the past few days.  My legs, however, seem to have survived Tuesday's intense workout without ill effects.

And I really must make it a point to get to the library today to pick up my books on Hold before they get re-shelved. (And, no, they were not available as e-books to be downloaded onto my iPad, Marilyn, so I had to 'settle' for DTBs.)

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment