Monday, July 8, 2013

Lesson learned at the gym today

This morning's cross-training workout pushed me.  It didn't help that I got up late, and except for 'coffee' didn't have much in me.  I've now learned that I need some carbs (like oatmeal) a couple of hours ahead of time so I don't get light-headed.  Lesson learned!

Afterwards I went across Bell to Sprouts to get stone ground oatmeal - and also protein powder, but there were WAY too many choices on the protein!  Think I need to see if Jim has any suggestions (grams/serving, plant or whey based, etc.) before I shell out big bucks for the 'wrong' one.  Aside from avoiding the ones with soy, I have no idea what to get.  
Life is full of decisions!

Once home, I started on my list of  phone calls.  My recent bank statement had (all of a sudden) charged me a $20 "Advantage Monthly Maintenance Fee", which Dorcas was able to remove.  And (in theory at least) she fixed things in the computer so it shouldn't <g> happen again.

Next call was to Bra La La in Maryland to order more bras (finally found a place that carries size 32 in large cup sizes) only to find that my favorite (of the two different styles I bought when I was there the end of April) has been discontinued.  !@#$%^&!!!  Charity is going to call the company, and I'm really hoping that they still have some in stock.  Otherwise, I'm up that creek without a paddle again!  

In addition, one of my craft show purchases over the weekend was a dress I'm planning to wear to Jeff & Priscilla's wedding in October.  Unfortunately, I'm going to need a t-back bra for that, and had hoped that Bra La La would have one in my size.  Wrong again.  So I'm going to see how I can 'adjust' my current bra to do the trick.  Not a true crisis by any means, just another issue to figure out.

Lots of other stuff on my to-do list. 
Guess I'd better get started before the rest of the day gets away from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment