Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I never did quilt yesterday.  I wisely realized that I was tired (and we all know what happens when you try to quilt in that condition!) and ended up taking a couple-hour nap on the couch.  In fact when I woke up, Tom and Garry and Karin were in the pool having a good time, and I hadn't heard a thing.  

Still tired, I declined to accompany them to Sprouts (Karin loved it!) and BevMo, and instead dozed and watched the news.  It was all about the monsoon, and they kept showing it pouring at 67th and The Loop 101.  Summer (who lives a couple of houses away but was over there)  texted to see if it was raining here.  Although we were having thunder (and a bit of lightning) there was no rain - until at least an hour later, when it started to sprinkle.  And then it actually rained fairly hard for a short bit ('trapping' Garry at the guest house.)  Some parts of the Valley got almost an inch - but the airport, which houses the official Phoenix rain gauge, got none.  So officially Phoenix has not had rain in 100 days.

Tom's fish was good despite all those tiny bones, and no lemons for his recipe.  (Lemons and watermelon were the main reason he'd gone to Sprouts.) After dinner we watched Dogs Decoded, enjoyed by all.

Tom had to pick up Alex at work last night; on his way to work after stopping here the Z had overheated (?), spewing smoke and losing some fluid underneath.  It may be time for Alex to cut his losses and quit pouring yet more money into it.  

But, of course, there's still the issue of what Alex will use for transportation to and from work.
                  
Despite my afternoon siesta I fell asleep on the couch before the 10:00 news.  Tom woke me to send me to bed, and I slept well.  When I woke up at 4:00 (darn bathroom breaks) I assumed I was up, but went right back to sleep until my 'official' wake-up time of 5:00.

This morning Karin is going to Busy Bees with me.  I might have skipped, except that Louise needs me there for the Board Meeting at 9:15.  Afterward, we'll hit 35th Ave. so Karin can drool over the fabric, and 'maybe' find what she needs for her next quilt.  

Still haven't heard from Marty's son Carl - but 'as long as I'm in the neighborhood' I'll stop in and see if he's at her house.  He wants to get rid of all the fabric and tools (and most likely WIPS, to say nothing of completed tops awaiting quilting!) in her quilting studio.  I never saw Marty's studio, but Carol says there's a LOT of fabric, and carting if off could take a couple of pick-up loads.  Carl wants to return the studio to its original function as a 2-car garage, and since he's threatened to just toss all the quilting stuff in a dumpster 

I've offered to pick up the half that's designated for Busy Bees.  (Night Owls get the other half.)                       

No comments:

Post a Comment