Saturday, February 2, 2013

We cleaned the dishwasher yesterday so I'm hoping it will be happier from now on.  Not only did we find a fair amount of gunk underneath the screen, but also pulled out a fair-sized triangular chunk of glass stuck in one of the 'trays', obviously left over from the time I found a broken glass in the dishwasher after a run.  We ran the cycle through last night with the CLR stuff (to counteract some of the hard water residue) but the true test won't come until we run it with dirty dishes. I really don't want to have to resort to his solution....

One of the books I picked up at the library yesterday was Barbara Kingsolver's latest, Flight Behavior, which "takes on one of the most contentious subjects of our time: climate change."  I have loved virtually all of her books, and this one has not disappointed.  I probably <g> read later into the night than I should have since I had to get up early this morning, although I woke up on my own before the alarm went off.
I didn't know (until I read the author blurb on the flyleaf) that "before she made her living as a writer, Kingsolver earned degrees in biology and worked as a scientist."

In a bit Sharon is picking me up and we're off to Chandler for the annual AQG Chapter Chair meeting.  It should be fun, although (even though taking my thermorest cushion) I am not looking forward to sitting in a straight chair all day.  So I'm off to the hot tub to do a little pre-emptive soaking.

Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment