Saturday, February 9, 2013

This morning (early) the guys left for the airport; Mike is heading home to Michigan, and Garry to Ottowa.  Both are bound to really miss our Arizona weather, and hopefully they will not experience too many delays because of the travel mess the mega storm back East is creating for flights everywhere.
The pix on the news last night, of Boston, made me REALLY glad it doesn't snow here in Phoenix... I did plenty of shoveling to help Dad when I was growing up - the driveway seemed endless!

We swung by Walgreen's on our way home from our farewell dinner (at Valle Luna) last night to pick up my new meds.  Looks like my Rx insurance hit the $500 deductible and kicked in - only paid $15, instead of $462!  I was discouraged, though, when I looked up Letrozole, and the rather (lengthy) list of side effects included this: The most common side effects are sweating, hot flashes, arthralgia (joint pain), and fatigue. 

I asked to switch from Arimidex to something else because of joint pain - and it may also explain my overwhelming fatigue although I quit taking the Arimidex over a week ago.  But as Dad always used to say, "Courage, Camille!"  (The phrase originally comes from Alexander Dumas' 1857 play Camille: The Lady of the Camellias in which Monsieur Duval tells Camille, "Courage, Camille, Courage.") 

Sadly the fatigue is so insidious that I've decided to cancel my trip next weekend to Lake Havasu for the fireworks.  When I mentioned that to Mom, she agreed that it was probably for the best.  But then she asked if I still wanted to take the cruise in May.  Of course - I'm really looking forward to that!  We did buy the trip insurance, though, so if I really can't pull it off we should be able cancel at the last minute.

I did get more blocks sashed yesterday afternoon while watching a 1984 movie called Teachers.  

Although there were certainly no real surprises in the plot (which made it easy to watch while I was sewing) most teachers will appreciate the stereotypical teachers, students, and school situations (which did have a certain ring of truth to them) and the cast was excellent: Nick Nolte, JoBeth Williams, Judd Hirsch, Ralph Macchio, Lee Grant, Richard Mulligan, Laura Dern, Crispin Glover, Morgan Freeman, and several other character players whose faces (though not names) were familiar to me.

I am enjoying watching the count of sashed blocks continue to rise, and naturally the closer I get to the end (the magic number is 49) the more incentive there is to continue onward.  (Some numbers I'm happy to see go up... others not so much!)

  It doesn't seem to be raining out (yet), but my plans (such as they are!) basically include staying home all day to read and sew.  I will be sorry to come to the end of  The Bartender's Tale - but it's always that way with a good book!  


Enjoy your weekend, and if it's cold and snowy where you are, remember our guest house is empty as of this morning. Of course I still have to go over and change the sheets on the beds and clean the bathrooms, but otherwise it's pretty much ready to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment