Sunday, February 24, 2013

At dinner last night we got the scoop on the Power Lifting competition.  Lisa set state records in all 3 of her events!  It actually turns out there were no previous records to break since she's the first woman small enough for her category.      

 I am currently the Arizona USPA record holder for the bench press, squat, and deadlift in my weight class!   It's technically in kilos so here are estimates in pounds: squat 121, bench 60, deadlift 126.

And, even better, in two of the events she achieved personal bests, which is really the 'true' test of anything, and all the more impressive because she wasn't feeling well.  Chas had filmed the action, so we did get to 'see' her compete after all.  Very impressive!  And so was the size of her medal:

Chas also broke records in two of his his three events, with very impressive numbers.  They've both been working hard, and were rewarded for it.

Some very intense wind last night (woke us up) and when Alex left for work this morning he said it was really cold out.  I can see it's quite windy.  I'm not inclined to go outside and check, at least until I get the urge to soak in the hot tub.  Of course we will have to walk next door for Angie's birthday party this evening, but we'll bundle up.  <G>

This week I have a fair amount of stuff going on.  Today I need to straighten up a bit because the ladies are coming to clean tomorrow, and how can they dust if stuff is all over the desks, etc.  Tuesday I have a follow-up appointment with the Radiation Oncologist in the morning, and the exterminator will be here in the afternoon.  Wednesday morning is the Busy Bees meeting and that afternoon I have my ECHO heart test at the hospital.  Nothing on for Thursday - except that I'm scheduled as the Word Wizard on Friday and I haven't yet added anything to the robe, so that needs to be done.  This guy looks ready to motivate me...

No comments:

Post a Comment