Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday afternoon Mary and I went to the movies and saw Identity Thief
It may not have been Oscar caliber, but it was definitely entertaining and we both enjoyed it. And since Mary has been dealing with some heavy issues lately she said it was exactly what she needed.

Angie's birthday party also turned out to be an Oscar party, red carpet and statuettes and all. I did get to watch pieces here and there, but because I hadn't expected the awards to be on at a birthday I had set the DVR to record it (always nice to not have to worry about falling asleep before it's over.) We came home well before the end, but since I knew it was recording there was no real incentive to stay up and watch. Thus when I woke up (at 4:00 this morning) I got comfy on the couch to watch the entire thing. 
On the plus side, it's always great to be able to fast forward through the commercials...but since the proceedings ran over the allotted time slot, my recording ended during the commercial before the best actor, best actress, and best picture awards, thereby missing Jennifer's fall, Michelle's presentation, the Loser Song, etc. 
Guess next year I'll know to also set it to record the following show also... <g>

Angie & Hoogie have done a great job renovating their house - I hadn't been inside since shortly after they moved in, although we have seen Hoogie working tirelessly on the outside.  Thanks to them (and Ben & Estera across the street) our corner has undergone a major transformation in the past 18 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment