Sunday, February 17, 2013

I spent yesterday afternoon making the sleeve for my Challenge Quilt so it can hang at the show in March.  The quilt still needs a label, but I can't print one up until we replace the printer.  (My brilliant idea to use Mom's 'leftover' one sounded great.... but it's missing the power cord.  Wonder if that went along for the ride when we donated the computer to charity?)  If we don't replace the printer in time I may just have to write one up freehand - never the best of ideas with my chicken-scratch handwriting (which has certainly not improved due to the current thumb issues!)  Here's the label I made for Dad's t-shirt quilt that I mentioned yesterday.
Tom had a great time yesterday at the Gem & Mineral Show in Tucson, but said they were 'hard at it' all day, and I never would have survived.  He did buy a few rocks (very pretty ones) although he managed not to purchase any of the zillion-dollar specimens.  There was one item he took a picture of, and said he would have bought for me if it hadn't cost thousands of dollars.  Now I know what I'm worth.... <G>  I understand why he didn't buy it, but apparently he did spend some time talking with the woman who made it, and somehow forgot to get her business card.... that's a little harder to understand! 
Maybe he can still track her down on the internet.  In any event, I'll wait until he sends me the picture to share before I spill the details of the item.  But I sure would have loved to see it 'up close and personal' - the picture is impressive, and we all know photos never do artwork justice!

Looks like another gorgeous day outside.  Yesterday I read on the back patio for a while - and while that's not as productive as raking leaves (ya think?), reading is always on my To Do list!  (Patti, take copious notes!)  

Today I might even do more of that!  I did get a couple of loads of laundry done yesterday, and the sheets on the bed changed, though of course there's always more to do.  But there are also lots of unread books calling to me....


No comments:

Post a Comment