Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Yesterday Patti and I lunched at Pita Jungle before going to the movie; I'd been jones-ing for some of their cilantro hummus.  A 'gently used' clothing store I'd never heard of, Plato's Closet, had moved in next door.


 We had a little time after lunch before the movie so we popped in to take a look; I ended up buying a pair of salmon-colored capris and a dressy sheer black over-shirt, and Patti found a top for work.  We both liked the selection and organization, and want to return when we have move time to explore.


  Today I wore those 'new' capris, along with a pair of 'new' earrings 
(some Marilyn no longer wanted) that match perfectly!


After Patti cut my hair this morning we ran a CVS errand of hers, where I found a great hat to protect me from the sun this summer.  And it crumples up into nothing so it won't take up much room when I have limited packing space on my travels later this summer.  


This is my version of a selfie: in the mirror with the flash off!


After our CVS run Patti came over and helped me with a small (but 2-person) project, and then gave me some tips on spackling Alex's room.  What a difference a little spackle makes (there were holes EVERYWHERE!) on the 2 walls I did in just a very short time, even without paint.  (NO idea when painting will happen, but 'assume' <g> that will make even more of an improvement.)   


One of the remaining walls needs to have glued squares (from all the corkboard pieces that used to be there making up a large bulletin board) removed before I can tackle it with spackle.  I am not looking forward to that.  It would be great if Alex would scrape those off for me - but I'm not going to hold my breath!



Except for one e-mail the weekend she arrived in San Francisco ten days ago we haven't heard from Lisa, but assumed all was going well.  But according to a FB post an hour or so ago, there seems to be at least one snag related to the move:

I Want The Thing But I Packed The Thing And Now It's In An Indeterminate Location Being Held Hostage By An Infuriatingly And Rather Astonishingly Incompetent And Sketchy Moving Company


I had hoped that her stuff had arrived when it was promised and she was (more or less) unpacked and settled by now.  It probably isn't much any consolation to her, but most of us can totally relate to the situation! 

In that same vein, when I was getting my hair cut at Patti's this morning her son Zach had left for the DMV to get a car title transferred.  When he arrived back home and stormed into the house and slammed his keys on the table we pretty much figured out that it hadn't gone well.  (Not all that surprising since NOBODY has happy stories about their time at the DMV.)  But we reminded him of that, and got him to cheer up when we convinced him that in 10 years (or maybe 20?) at least it would make a good story.


And speaking of good stories... it turned out that with all the stories I've shared with Patti over the years, somehow (!) she'd never heard the Petaluma one.  So of course I had to remedy that, Mom!  Even more than 40 years later (and having told it a 'few' times) I laughed hard enough to bring tears to my eyes.



Let me finish up this post with the Quilt Progress Dept


I have pieced together the 3 1/2" strips for the border and now am ready to measure/cut them and attach them to my quilt.  So guess I'll finish taking a computer break and go do that!  


No comments:

Post a Comment