Friday, June 27, 2014

I had a very pleasant dinner with Alex last night.  (It's always nice to have an appreciative diner at the table!)  The menu was grilled salmon, corn-on-the-cob, salad, and honeydew melon.  And I even served dessert: Moo-llennium Crunch.


When I mentioned that I'd found a bunch of peacock feathers recently, he said he has also been finding and collecting them.  His plan is to pop them into a vase for house ornamentation.

  
During our dinner conversation he told me that his friend Jessica Harris has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.  NOT good!  
Her situation sounds pretty bad, and of course the medical bills are also mounting quickly.
http://www.gofundme.com/8vsx18

Alex goes in to work early on Fridays and Saturdays (I'd forgotten that, which is why I scheduled today's visit from the exterminator for late-afternoon instead of in the morning so as not to disturb his sleep) but then he also gets out early.  So he's planning to mow the back yard when he gets home at 3:30.  Of course it "may" be rather toasty then!



"It always seems hottest about 4 pm .... however, in the summers it's not like it's ever that "cool" regardless of time of day."

But at least he can always jump into the pool and cool off, which is a spectacularly wonderful option to have when doing yardwork in Phoenix in the summer!


He has also volunteered to do the gates on 35th Ave. at 12:45 tonight
(when he will 'probably be up anyway')



but is going to 'let' me get up at 3:00 to let the water go.  He has to be at work at 9:00 Saturday morning, so pulling an all-nighter isn't a good option for him.


I have nothing on for Saturday, so taking something at 3:00 to go back to sleep is an option for me.


  Otherwise Saturday will be a terribly wasted day!



I haven't (yet!) been able to find a ride to Janey's in Cave Creek tonight 
to hear Peter and the band play.  


So I'll probably end up having fun at the monthly Mexican Train game up the street at Jeannie's. And IF I get myself in gear and put the border on the Brazen Bluebird quilt, I could bring that top with me and get some input from the ladies choosing the quilting pattern to have Jeannie use. 




No comments:

Post a Comment