Sunday, June 22, 2014

Because we stopped on the way out of Prescott for something cold to drink and I finished off a good-sized Dr. Pepper with all the caffeine, I thought I might need something to help me sleep through the night.  

Lunesta to the rescue!  Or penguins....
  


Still, I was surprised when I opened my eyes this morning 
to find that I'd slept until close to 8:00! 


When the phone rang just a few minutes later I was surprised to find that it was Alex, calling to let me know that he's still alive. 


No surprise that he sounded tired (he was on the shuttle heading back to the hotel, where he hopes to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) after all the hard partying they're doing.  He's still got one more all-nighter ahead of him tonight.


The real surprise would have been if it was Lisa calling to check in.  She leaves for Europe in about a week, so the big question is if she'll bother to 'check in' with me before she leaves.  


If I were a betting person I'd say the odds on that are NO. 


I've had my coffee and checked my e-mail, 
and now only have to wait half an hour before I can go buy paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment