Sunday, June 8, 2014

I put off getting out the embroidery machine as long as I was able (called Mom and had a nice chat with her) and was soon 'reminded' of why I was dreading sewing with it.


Maybe not quite as much as I dread spiders.... but it's on my list!


*Note to Marilyn: If you send me another picture of a spider, be prepared to have me YELL at you like some people yell when they're asked about a topic they do not wish to discuss.



Anyway, back to my sad saga of The Embroidery Machine that Hates Bobbi.


First I had to replace a broken needle, which wasn't too bad.  Next I (wisely) decided to sew a test book title because I need to make sure it will fit in the allotted space.  I typed in the words using the smallest font and got started on a piece of muslin.  But only 3 letters in the thread became all knotted up below with a bird's nest.  That meant I had to take the machine apart and dig out all the threads.  But when I tried again I didn't even get one letter done before this happened.


At that point I called Carolyn, who immediately guessed that I was having 'issues' with my machine.



She gave me some suggestions to try, and also offered to come by this afternoon (she and Gary were just heading out somewhere when I called) to see if she can help.


So now I think it's time to kick back and read, or watch a movie.  Anything fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment