Wednesday, June 11, 2014

As of last night my Book Challenge quilt top is ready to head off to the quilter!  


When Alex stopped by last evening after work (mostly to graze in the fridge?) he not only gave his approval, he made sure that I was going to keep this one and not give it away.  


ABSOLUTELY!

And also in the KIDS DEPT, AKA


Pokey sure gave me a terrible scare last evening!  
(Dad always did say that your kids will give you gray hair.)


Pokey often cruises the edge of the pool, which scared me at first though I finally got used to that.  But this time she was by the diving board facing the water, and looked 1 nano-second from going in!  I ran outside screaming NO, NO (like she'd listen?) thinking there was a good chance I was going to have to dive in and do my best to drag Her Heftiness to the surface.  


Maybe the intense heat is finally getting even to her (the species is native to equatorial Africa, so you wouldn't think the heat would be that much of an issue...) and she really was contemplating going for a swim?


But only turtles can swim, NOT tortoises, and thus 
diving in would definitely be a very bad idea!  


Off to quilting, and then I really need to get ready for Deb & Jerry's arrival tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment