Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's wonderfully overcast today, which made my post-irrigation weeding session that much more bearable.  Of course chocolate never hurts, either...! 


The yard still needs to be mowed, but with the tallest weeds gone
at least it's lost that abandoned house look!


Mutt & Jeff haven't abandoned us (despite Tom's wishes), although until Friday I hadn't seen them in a while.  At first I thought it was Mutt and Jeff , and that he'd just (somehow?!) lost all of his beautiful tail feathers.  That is until I saw him up on our porch with his tail feathers intact, and realized that there was now a peahen her joining them.  

Now that Mr. Peacock has hooked up with Ms. Peahen, I'm wondering 
how long Ms. Guinea Hen will be part of his harem?



The three of them were back again today, although it wasn't easy to get a picture.  I snapped this first one  through the window by the computer.  That's her sitting, and you can see his tail feathers where he's standing to her right.



I was afraid they'd take off when I opened the back door, but they didn't.



She did get a little nervous as I came around the pool, and stood up.



As I neared the fence, they decided to head home.



But I finally managed to get a shot of all three of them together.



Alex just got back from the gym (he's over here grazing on my leftovers) and said the three birds are now over at the back house relaxing in the car port.  He mentioned that he'd swept the porch last week but hadn't gotten around to picking up the pile of dirt, and one day saw the peacock run over and kick his pile of dirt. Who knows why?  Maybe he saw this kid doing it and it looked like fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment