Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Renee, Bea, Patti and I all thoroughly enjoyed the movie Belle yesterday, and I definitely recommend it.  (In fact I plan to watch it again when it is available through Netflix.)  The character development was excellent, as was the cinematography.


I wanted to put the borders on my book quilt yesterday, but was tired and didn't get much done.  Due to 'some' bad experiences (and I must admit that I didn't learn my lesson the first time... or even the second!) I have (finally!) learned NOT to work on my projects when I'm tired!


Alex came over last evening to set up his XBOX Live account so he can play on line, but apparently that's more difficult to connect than the Roku or his other devices.  


He made the analogy of how I feel when dealing with technology devices.  
That seemed like a pretty good analogy to me!


 Apparently (after more than an hour) it still wasn't going well, and while I was watching the news in the bedroom he alerted me to the fact that Clay was coming over to help him.  All evidence is gone this morning, so I assume they got it set up at some point and he can now play on-line back at 'his' house.


Speaking of gaming online - on the news yesterday there was a report of a robbery in Tempe that occurred while a woman was gaming on-line, and fellow players IN EUROPE saw it happening through her video cam and alerted people here who called 911.  The police were even able to arrive in time to capture one of the two gun-wielding assailants!  I mentioned that story to Alex, and then when it came on again during the 10:00 news I called him in to see the latest on the story.


Of course our scorching weather has been in the news a lot, and even the meterologists have conceded that it really can be called hot now, as opposed to merely warm. 


They have joking referred to temps expected later in the week (when it will 'only' be 105) as a 'cooldown', 'cold front', and other absurd monikers.



Just in case you missed it, here's my 2009 Hot Weather Limerick entry (which sadly didn't rate any sort of mention in the paper during the contest.) 

Winter mildness a dream from the past,
Summer days belt a blistering blast.
          Call it baking and broiling,
          Or searing and boiling,
We’re cooked to a crisp really fast!

In other 'news', I'm a little sore this morning after yesterday's workout but nothing like what Patti said she experienced after one of her free, 'introductory-offer' sessions with a trainer at her gym.  While it's not surprising to feel some evidence of having used muscles that were (quite happily) used to doing nothing, it's not good to be almost physically incapacitated!



This isn't good either!  


I've worked really hard at making molehills out of mountains, and for the most part seem to be doing really well in that department.  When I do 'feel the need' to complain, it's usually with the intent to poke fun at myself for all my 'problems'!


As for those people who insist on seeing the glass half empty instead of half full... at least they have this going for them!


But WHO wants to hang out with a grump, even 'if' he's physically fit?


And until Patti calls to say she's ready for this morning's hair appointment, 
guess I can use my time wisely and work on my quilt!




No comments:

Post a Comment