Saturday, June 7, 2014

Did some stuff around the house this morning, and then before my shower I cleaned/swept the back porch.  It really needed it, and I was tired of looking at it that way.  Also washed the sheets on the beds in the kids' rooms, getting ready for company next week.  In fact that made me think about calling Deb and checking in on their plans - and she called and left a message while I was in the shower.  I was a little surprised that she didn't answer when I called back.  Looks like it's another round of Phone Tag!


My errand run was (mostly) successful.  At Wal-Mart I found the Heat & Bond Lite iron-on adhesive that I desperately need so I can continue on the challenge quilt, some buttons for a shirt, and a card.


What I still haven't found is a new wire brush for cleaning the grill.  Ours is pretty much worn down to the nub.

Then I headed over to Barnes & Noble where I found the book I went in for (plus a couple of others.)  I'd read a little of it at Lisa's when I was waiting for the movers while she and Tom picked up lunch.  Now I've got my own copy.


Getting ready to quilt, and turned on the TV for company.  So now I'm listening to all the Belmont Stakes hype and (like everyone else) wondering if California Chrome can win the Triple Crown.



No comments:

Post a Comment