Wednesday, June 25, 2014

At Busy Bees this morning we celebrated June's 90th birthday. 

Joyce and Sharon were sporting matching shirts from the two couples' recent trip to China.  Joyce and her hubby Jerry were celebrating their 58th anniversary, and Sharon and her hubby Clarence were celebrating their 54th.  (I think I got those numbers right...)


Sharon brought back a meter of to-die-for silk (red on black on one side, black on red on the other) that she's going to turn into a jacket which will (of course!) be stunning. And when it's done and she wears it maybe <g> she'll forget the pain of the price tag...?



 The 'other Joyce' brought in this WIP to get us geared up for next Wednesday, when it'll be Finish Up That Project day.


Here are some of the goodies from today's Show & Tell.

Joni with a very pretty Ohio Star.


She also made this scrappy Pineapple from leftover strips.  

(We liked it, although she wasn't all that happy with the final result - but at least it did use up her scraps!)

Sandy's Disappearing 4-Patch using batiks was lovely.


And check out this cute mesh bag, for one of her granddaughters.
One of these days I'm going to try working with the mesh fabric.


Peggy got brave and tried curves (this pattern has lots of names) and the top turned out very well.  Now she just has to decide how to quilt it.


New member Janie brought a few of her projects to show.  
Her 3D wall hanging of peppers would look great in any Southwest kitchen!


I can't see a Sunbonnet Sue quilt without thinking of Linda.  But since Janie is planning on also joining Foothills, Linda may get to see it after all!


Doris's 2013 Row of the Month  looks great all put together.  
(She also is trying to decide how best to quilt it.)


Jan finished up this project just in time for the upcoming holiday!


After the meeting I took a 'field trip' to 35th Ave. with Carol. (No, it didn't take much any arm twisting to get her to come with me.)  I found the coordinating fabric for Marilyn's placemats, so I'm moving right along on that project.


Afterwards Carol took me to lunch at JB's across the street (where we bumped into Sandy, Betty, and Jean as they were leaving.)  I could not finish my delicious lunch, so guess what I'm having for dinner!


Back at Carol's I fixed the mouse on her computer (as expected, it just needed a new battery), 'fixed' her computer so she can read my blog again, and deleted some unwanted and duplicate numbers from her cell phone contact list.


Once home I found a package waiting for me
on the front porch, the mystery gift Marilyn said to watch for.  It's a pretty 5-section condiment tray, I'm guessing to replace the one that accidentally got broken on the way in from the car when I was visiting last month.


I need to mow the Back 40 before irrigation Friday night.  Normally I'd mow early in the morning, but Alex's job has him keeping to a later schedule, and as worn out as he is from his recent partying in Vegas I think I'll do it this evening so as not to disturb his beauty sleep.


At least we aren't going to get anywhere near the record high for this date, set in 1990 - when it hit a blistering 120 degrees!


How well I remember that June.  Even though we were living in Kingman (where it's cooler than Phoenix) I was starting the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy and definitely feeling the heat.  It certainly didn't help that (unbeknownst to us) the cooler in our new house wasn't getting any water, so until Tom returned (he was working out of town) I spent the first week in that house sweltering in a closed up house blowing hot, hot, hot air around.

Of course I complained about it to him in our nightly phone calls


but he was convinced it was 'just' the pregnancy talking.


No comments:

Post a Comment