Saturday, June 21, 2014

On the drive up to Prescott we saw WAY too many idiot drivers <sigh> 
but happily we arrived safely despite them.
  

After the initial search for a place to park didn't yield results I dropped Patti at the square with our chairs and went in search of a parking spot farther afield.  It was looking like I'd have to park way-to-hell-and-gone


but just a block away someone was pulling out of a space (!) on the other side of the street, no traffic was coming, and I was able to pull a U-turn grab it.  Life is good!


The square was mobbed, but we actually found a spot near front with a great view of the stage - and sometimes even had shade.  The music was wonderful (The Sonoran Dogs were the featured band!) and I was sorry we weren't going to be able to stay into the evening and hear their second set at 7:00 when Peter's son Lee (whom I've never met) would be joining them.


If you're wondering why there's a kayak on stage, it's one of the raffle prizes.  The festival is free (one of the last ones in the country) so to help support it I bought 3 tickets.  Then I plunked one each into the jar for the guitar, the mandolin, and the Grand Canyon stay.  I'm not expecting to win... but somebody will, and it could just as well be me!


The parade of people going by was quite entertaining at times.  Some of the outfits had me wondering "what are you thinking?" and just shaking my head.  But I thought this t-shirt was great!


  There were LOTS of (friendly) dogs enjoying the day.  Too bad Jeannie had to stay home and quilt; Lucy and Molly would have loved it.  The kids there all seemed to be having a great time, and many of them got their faces painted.  No question what his favorite team is!


Patti was jones-ing for Bill's Pizza (right there on the square) 
so it was an easy decision about where to get lunch.  


I had the Elton John pizza, and it was delicious!
roasted garlic infused olive oil, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, cooked spinach, red onions & four cheese plus feta
 A woman waiting for her order was wearing a great giraffe t-shirt.  I assumed she knew all about today being World Giraffe Day and that was the reason she chose to wear that particular shirt.  It turned out she had no idea - she just loves giraffes!



It was rather windy there most of the day, and at times I had to hold on to my hat to keep it from blowing away.  Still, I wasn't expecting a branch to come crashing down on  me!  Admittedly (and happily!) the branch was of the smaller variety - but it still was quite startling!


There were vendors at the festival, and look what I brought home with me.  I'm still full from the pizza, but when I get hungry it's salad for dinner!


On the way home we stopped at Ace Hardware to get more paint; I had hoped to do some painting tomorrow morning when I get up, while it's still relatively cool... like at 6:00 am.  But by the time we got back into town it was 6:15, and (naturally) Ace had closed at 6:00.  Plus with tomorrow being Sunday they open later than usual, at 9:00 instead of 8:00.  


Patti said she was glad she went.  She's been down the past week, and not wanting to do anything.  But today was just what the doctor ordered.

    
It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment