Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I really slept in this morning (not too surprising since I took something at 3:00 to go back to sleep) so I'm getting a really late start to the day.  Obviously I'm not going to make it to Busy Bees today to work on a project (although the directions seem basic enough that I think even I can do it on my own!)


Once I pick up my Rx and get my hand x-rayed, I hope to actually finish up (?!) my book challenge top, at least the next section.  That third section won't be a problem, but the final stage involves embroidering something with my fancy machine. I'm not looking forward to that final bit because I find that whole process stressful! 


But once I get it worked out, maybe (?) I can also finish up the 'project' for Anita, which really shouldn't be a big deal.


Though of course it was, or otherwise I would have gotten it done while she was here in April and she could have taken it back to Sacramento with her!  I spoke with her yesterday (they had a wonderful time in Hawaii) and she didn't even mention waiting for me to send the embroidered names to her.


 ...which I greatly appreciated!


Once I finish the book challenge top there will be more decisions, as Jeannie and I look at her zillions of patterns and decide the best way for her to custom quilt it on Ruby.


As wonderfully as it is turning out (and not to brag, but I think I have a fighting chance at a prize on this challenge) it will be even more incredible after Jeannie works her magic on it.


And once the book challenge quilt is out of the way, I can (once again) get back to work on Jeff & Priscilla's wedding quilt. Plan A (!) is to finish up the top on the wedding quilt so I can hand it off to Jeannie to quilt before I head off on vacation in July.  Of course if that plans fizzles, there's always Plan B.


And whaddya know - 'just in case' they're needed <G>
there are plenty of more plans to be found!

As the clock ticks unrelentlessly toward noon
I guess I'd better get off the computer and get started on my day.



1 comment: