Wednesday, June 18, 2014


It was a fun celebration last night for Renee's birthday (at Bella Luna) with Penina, Bea, Alexandria, Meredith, Kathy (and Kathy's hubby Bob.)  Here's the birthday girl

smiling

'dancing' while being serenaded


and admiring my gift.

Renee travels a lot, and says the bag will be perfect to accompany her -
so in a way 'I' get to go, too!


During last night's dinner conversation the topic of our warm <g> weather came up, and I happened to mention that I'm like Sam McGee since I get cold when the temps plummet to 70.  Only Penina was familiar with Robert Service's poem, so on the ride back to the house I regaled Bea and Meredith with my rendition of The Cremation of Sam McGee.  They were enthralled.  


This morning Rene (who had ridden in a different car) asked about it, so I introduced her to Sam; she also found it quite entertaining.  


(Have yet to find someone who doesn't enjoy that poem!)

I have a bunch of errands to run today, and at the top of the list is getting my thumb/wrist x-rayed (my appointment with the orthopedist is fast approaching.)  My quads, which were absolutely screaming at me yesterday after Monday's workout, are now only yelling - so at least that pain is going in the right direction!



No comments:

Post a Comment