Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wednesday at Foothills I showed off Ami's quilt, and (of course!) the ladies loved it. Ellen gave a demo on selecting fabrics for the Mystery quilt (a different one than the one she did at the retreat) which was quite helpful for the 30 ladies who are going to participate. (No that does not include me because I have way too many other projects I need to work on.)  I've only done one mystery quilt, and probably would have been happier with my finished top if I'd used my "stained glass" focus fabric for a different section of the quilt.



A number of the ladies are also participating in the new UFO challenge.  Instead of just finishing up projects of their choice, they brought in three possibilities (which cannot be a top only needing borders or quilting) yesterday and we got to vote on which one they should attack this year.  Someone asked when the completed project is due, and the answer was October.  At which point I piped up "what year?" - which of course elicited quite a bit of laughter.



Yesterday dawned gray, and basically we had a 'heavy sprinkle' throughout day.  It was quite the dreary day, and in fact once I got home from quilting I changed into my warmest sweatshirt. In the afternoon I received notification that irrigation (ours was scheduled for later today) has been cancelled. That was somewhat surprising since we really haven't really gotten much rain, but more is predicted for today.


Try not to worry, Mom, since I've arranged <g>
for the weather to clear up before your Saturday arrival!  



The house cleaners returned yesterday to spruce up the back house. Alex is snowboarding in Flag for a couple of days (6 inches fell in last 24 hours, making a total of 15" since Monday) and will return to a cleaner house (though I must admit he has been doing a reasonable job on his own these days.)



Last night I watched more Olympic skating - some "live", some taped - and have been disappointed to see virtually every pair falling.  Announcers explained that skaters score more points for attempting difficult moves even if they fall, but personally (not that they care what I think) I'd rather see a clean skate of less difficulty.



I'm off to Casa Grande today for lunch with high school friend Patti, who is currently visiting Tucson.  Too bad she's scheduled to return home (to the Seattle area) tomorrow, because I know it would have been fun for Mom to see Patti again after 40 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment