Sunday, February 4, 2018

Carolyn O'Bagy Davis' presentation at the library yesterday was informative and interesting. Many of the slides accompanying her talk were from many decades ago, and she had also brought along a dozen or so newer quilts to display at the end.  Yes, I was tired from waking up so early (and that by mid-afternoon I am often fading anyway) but was glad I "dragged" myself there. The program was well-attended; about 3 dozen women, many of them Busy Bees, filled most of the chairs in the room. 








Though (as I'd requested) Wanda had brought Carolyn's book about Goldie Tracie Richmond's quilts to lend to Marcie, I ended up buying my own copy - and am looking forward to reading it again!



Once home I drank a second cup of "coffee", knowing that otherwise I would never make it through the evening at Janey's - which (of course!) was wonderful.  Wanda was delighted by the Sonoran Dogs' music from the first song, and was so glad to have been invited. 


As expected, everything was outside on the patio because Janey's is a tiny place.  Despite heaters sprinkled around it was rather nippy for our taste - but we had bundled up and "survived".  Though there was already quite crowd by the time we arrived (nice for Peter and the band) we scored a 4-top right up front, sharing it with Canadian snowbird Francis.  He spent the entire evening in a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals (though I noticed he had brought a thin sweater "just in case".)  In fact the crowd seemed divided between the two extremes, either natives like us, bundled up in sweatshirts and blankets, or winter snowbirds like him, baring lots of skin.


Dinner there left something to be desired (it took forever, and then they screwed up my order big time) but we were really there for the music, and that was wonderful!!!



Now it's late enough to check in and see if Marcie is feeling any better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment