Sunday, February 18, 2018

Mom arrived yesterday, and despite a snafu with her iPhone (which I hope to get sorted out today) all went smoothly picking her up at the airport.  We got so busy talking and catching up on stuff (both on the drive and once home) that we forgot to let Andy & Sandy know of her safe arrival!



It was only the three of us for dinner (I'd been simmering a batch of spaghetti sauce in the crockpot all day) since Carlo is still under the weather and does not want to pass on whatever he has to Mom, and Alex was at Tyler and Taylor's gender reveal party.  


Alex had kept forgetting to find out when the baby is due, but I had guessed July (since the grandma-to-be made her excited FB announcement in November) and that turned out to be correct.



Like everyone else, Mom approves heartily of the new kitchen - though the tall table/chairs are a bit of a problem.  Since it's taken me a while to get used to them (and I was the one who pushed for the purchase!) I will not be surprised if that turns out to be an issue during her entire visit.



Not sure when Mom actually crashed last night, though she did retire to her room early.  Of course it is a couple of hours later on the East Coast - and traveling is always tiring.  She did 'warn' me that she most likely will laze in bed this morning before appearing. 



I was up a lot during the night, and woke for good this morning quite early.  So I've been up for many hours (it's 8:00 now) and there's still no sign yet from either her or Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment