Tuesday, February 20, 2018

For some reason I was up late last night - and I can't even blame it on chocolate.  Turned off my reading light at 11:30, so I was grateful to (more or less) sleep in this morning.  I swung by the library on my way to the gym, and the new book I picked up looks good, though haven't had a chance to start it.  I'm glad today was a leg day since my arm is still giving me quite a bit of trouble - and I have no idea what I did to it.



After lunch Mom and I cruised over to the MIM. I had wanted to bring my camera (it takes much better pix than the one on my flip phone) but it seems to be MIA at the moment. Mom enjoyed the museum, despite the fact that Sinatra is not showcased in the performer section.  (We did "complain" to one of the staff members, who agreed there should be something for that generation!)  Both of us held up well during the 3 hours we were there, though I think the noise in the playing room really got to her.

playing the theremin


and the gong



I'm impressed at how well Mom is doing with her iPhone.  The biggest problem seems to be with me (talk about the blind leading the blind!) 


I loaded my blog for her, as requested, and it went into Favorites... which I cannot find anywhere.  It's not on any of the screens (even scrolling left/right), and doesn't show up under apps, or General, or any of the other places I looked.  IF ONE MORE PERSON TELLS ME THESE DEVICES ARE "INTUITIVE" I REALLY MIGHT SMACK THEM!



We relaxed with a little Rummikub once we got home.  Tom said he wanted to play some this evening, and was worried we'd "use up" our game time.  Fat chance!



We had dinner out, at George and Son, which (despite the generic name) is an Asian restaurant.  I had the best egg drop soup I've ever tasted (not oily, and with al dente diced zucchini) and can't wait to share my fortune cookie "advice" at quilting tomorrow... it speaks to all of us with countless UFOs!

"Success is in starting a new project at work." 

No comments:

Post a Comment