Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I invited Alex over for dinner last night, and grilled chicken.  Since the breasts were very thick I kept checking on them, and close to the time I expected them to be done I ran out of gas.  We ate the ones that were the most done (there were 8 of them) and tonight he's going to whip up something with some of the leftovers.  At least that's what he said....

He also said he was going to do a bunch of laundry at the house last night (the one at the guest house needs some attention, hopefully just a new belt) but while I got his first load started, and then into the dryer, he never appeared to deal with that load, or put in additional ones.  

I also found out that he's going out of town next week for a month or so, to go 'on tour' with RockStar.  We looked at the music festival's itinerary, and it includes several venues in Europe.... though don't know if he'll be part of that crew!

This morning I got going early, trimming and raking in the jungle.  Just about the time I had filled up the can, and was going to rake "just behind one more part of the hedge" to top it off, I smacked my face on a branch, just missing my eye.  While it hurt for the moment there isn't any mark, so all's well that ends well!  I'm really careful to trim the branches right above some greenery in order to make all sticks more visible just so that doesn't happen.  Anyway, the part of the yard that I attacked today looks a lot spiffier.  Nice to see progress!

Off to quilting in a bit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment