Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lately Tom had been hankering for an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, so we tried on Friday night.  Unfortunately the one(s) on West Bell all seemed to have disappeared into thin air.   


We ended up at Padre Murphy's (a happening place on a Friday night) 
which was quite good, and we'll be eating there again.  



Last night we invited Wanda to join us, and tried again.  When she came over (arriving at exactly 6:13, like Tom had instructed) she brought over the finished Wonky Hexie block which she'd been ready to toss when I was there earlier in the day. But after I figured out what the problem was (it was all in the trimming after the various steps) she was able to whip out a perfect block.  Like so many creative people, Wanda isn't a big fan of reading/following directions.  <g> 

But this time it had gotten her into trouble.    



After driving around looking for a restaurant (the one we knew about turned out to have closed their doors) we tried the New China Buffet in Wanda's neck of the woods.  It turned out to be quite good, and we'll also be returning there.


I did get a chuckle out the fortune in my cookie.  While the writer's English is certainly better than my (non-existent) Chinese, I do wonder why they don't get a native speaker to create them.  



When we got back to the house after dinner I showed Wanda the quilt tops of Carol's that I had scored on Friday, and she was impressed.  Several of them were mini-quilts, and Tom was blown away with the quality of work with the tiny pieces.  Later today I'll have to iron them and then take some pix to post so you can be blown away also. 


No comments:

Post a Comment