Thursday, April 9, 2015

As usual I had NO trouble filling up one of the big green cans with raking from the jungle, topped off with a little trimming.  While there's still plenty left to do, I may actually be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  It's looking that with a little luck I'll have the bulk of it done before I leave for Maryland the end of the month.



With another can still left to fill I wanted to mow the front yards.  I had the lawnmower gassed up and ready out front, and when Salvador finished up with the Back Ditch and came around to get paid I had him do the first cold start.  However, after I stopped the mower to empty the first bagful I could not get it started again.  



I hoped that one of the neighbors would drive by and I could get him to start it, but that didn't happen, so I made a few phone calls and was finally able to find some help from Bennie across the street.  The next few times I emptied the bag I was able to get the mower started on my own, but of course with just one small section left to mow I needed to call (and wait) for help again.  So it took way longer to finish up that chore than it should have.  But both cans are now pretty full so I'm off of yard duty until after the next trash pickup, on Monday.


There was still time after my shower (and before the exterminator was due at 4:00) to pop over to Wanda's and see the new quilt she started yesterday at the class she and Jeannie took from Kimberly Einmo.  Here is Kimberly at a quilt show with the Fire and Ice quilt.


Unfortunately Wanda was experiencing some problems with her blocks because her Jelly Roll only had one of each fabric, instead of the required two, and it took the two of us quite a while to figure out what the actual issue was.  



Wanda sent me home with some of the lemon goodies she whipped up using some of our lemons.  I am practically drooling just thinking about how yummy they tasted! 


She also sent me home with a "table thingie" (she's been cleaning out her garage) to use with my sewing machine; now I'll have a flat surface (as if my machine was dropped into the table) which should make for much less drag and easier sewing.  She wonders how I've gotten along without out one all this time - and I may soon be asking myself the same question!



I went over to the guest house with the exterminator, and Alex did a pretty good job of packing up all of his stuff.  Of course the place is a mess until Bella works her cleaning magic. 



Alex was most unhappy with his tax burden, and after talking to some of the other Mint guys decided he needs his return redone.  I passed along that request to Matt, Matt (finally) was able to touch base with Alex today, and then Alex called me.  Long story short: Alex is going to put together some info about deductions, shoot that to me ASAP, I'll pass it along to Matt, he'll redo the taxes, and then I'll schlep back to Scottsdale again to pick up the new return.



Tom called this evening.  The weather there is still very cold, but somehow he's been surviving.  He just had to replace the U-Joint in his truck, but at least that happened in town and not while he was on the long drive home.  He plans to hit the road Saturday, so he should be back home (where our weather has been perfect lately) Sunday.  


No comments:

Post a Comment