Monday, April 27, 2015

The computer let me in this morning, but of course it could (very easily!) 
start acting squirrelly again at any time... as we all know!


Yesterday stayed overcast, windy, and cool - and in the afternoon we got quite a bit more rain.  The most surprising thing about it was that it happened mid-way between our irrigation cycles, instead of right in sync with them.  



Patti came over yesterday just as I was finishing up the final border of my scrap string quilt, and she approved.  I meant to get Tom and her to hold it up so I could take a picture, but <sigh> that didn't happen.


She was there to help me to put the finishing touches on a gift project, and once that was done we enjoyed watching the PBS show on African penguins (also known as Jackass penguins, due to their braying call) that I had taped a few nights earlier.



The weather has remained nasty in Texas (weather reports on TV continue to be full of tornado warnings  and accounts of large hail), right where Alex and the tour bus were headed.  


Tonight the band plays in Houston (hope Jeff & Priscilla make it to the concert) and tomorrow night in Dallas (hope Zach & Bekkah make it to the concert.)


This morning I have my last pre-trip tune-up at the chiropractor, then Cheri is coming over to help me finish up the Mother's Day gift for Mom that "didn't quite" happen last year when I ran out of time.  So of course I just put it away and forgot about it.  Now, as you can see, I'm still on the same last-minute schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment