Sunday, April 26, 2015

I did end up driving to Sedona yesterday for the Quiltfest - though I do admit I was a tad disappointed since there weren't nearly as many quilts as I had expected.  It didn't help that the weather was cold (55 degrees) and rainy, which put a crimp in the foo-foo shopping I had hoped to work into my day.  

Still, any day at a quilt store/show is a good day, right?


And I was very disciplined yesterday at the quilt store; 
I only bought 6 fat quarters, spending less than $20!


While there I bumped into Colleen, who had also driven up from Phoenix, with some of her friends.  She's a former member of Busy Bees, but had to drop out almost ten years ago when her kids started presenting her with grandchildren, and she's been baby-sitting for all of them (while the parents work during the week) ever since.  The youngest (of five? six?) is now 18 months, and since she thinks he is the last one she glimpses that light at the end of the tunnel once they're all in school!



The six quilts from this art group caught my eye.  It's always interesting to see the different way quilters choose to showcase their blocks, as well as the color palettes they choose.









It rained here again last night, and there's a good chance for more again today.  So obviously I won't be doing any mowing this weekend!  Instead, I think it's a good morning to work on the borders of my scrap strip zig-zags and squares quilt.


I'll leave you with this smile while I get to work - thank you, Butch!


No comments:

Post a Comment