Thursday, April 23, 2015

Wednesday I subbed in the 5th grade for Diane.  The kids were great, but it still wore me out; I ended up dozing on the couch in the late afternoon.  


After dinner we watched a great show on the Hubble Telescope.  I didn't remember the problems they had when it first launched (perhaps because in 1990 I was busy with other things...) but the remedy to the problem was ingenious.



This morning I had to get up early for a 7:00 doctor appointment, for which I needed to fast.  I seemed to pass, though of course won't know for sure until the results of the bloodwork come back.  Also got a tetanus booster.



I finished reading The Aviator's Wife, the next selection for book club.  


I found it an entertaining and enlightening read (though I knew most of his history) and am disappointed I'll be out of town (in Maryland) and miss the discussion.  But I just have not figured out how to be in


Today Estera gave me a tour of the large structure they're building out back.  As I had guessed, the tall first floor will accommodate an RV, boat, and provide much other storage.  (And once completed they will be able to tear down the funky storage building outside their back door.)   The other side of the first floor will be Benny's office space.  Above the office will be a couple of bedrooms, kitchenette, bathroom, and playroom... perfect guest quarters.



And now I am off to the chiropractor for another tune up.











No comments:

Post a Comment