Monday, February 16, 2015

Yesterday while sewing I listened to the Weather Channel, with reports on storms Neptune and Octavia and all the snow they've dumped (and will be dumping) on folks who have had more than enough already. 


(Meanwhile here Tom was out mowing.... again.) It's also quite nippy where Mom is, and one segment did mention the DC area, and how many folks there are without power.  She had power but her heat wasn't working... something to do with Riderwood's boiler.  At least she has several of my quilts to snuggle under to keep the worst of the chill at bay, and by dinnertime the heating system was back working again.



This morning I got some very sad news that my friend Cindy Elkin passed away on Friday; Mom saw the obit in the paper this morning.


When I was in Maryland in November we got together for a delightful lunch, and she was fine.  In fact she was making plans to get married, and possibly move to Atlanta.  While I was thrilled about how happy she was, I realized that such a move most likely meant I wouldn't be seeing her any more.  Never imagined I wouldn't be able to talk with her any more!


My heart goes out to Haley (Lisa's age) who had already lost her father back in 2005.  (I was able to attend the services for Cindy's husband James when I was in town for a family wedding.)  Here are Haley and Lisa in happier times.


No comments:

Post a Comment