Sunday, February 22, 2015

Many, many thanks to Gloria, who arranged for us to sell raffle tickets at 35th Ave. during yesterday's Black Bag Day and helped me set up the new frame (which came with NO instructions....), and to Gena, Sue, and Louise M., who took turns helping (wo)man the table with me throughout the day on Saturday. It would have been a very long day without their sparkling company! And of course a HUGE thank you goes to Tove for donating such a stunning, one-of-a-kind quilt!


I'm very happy to report that it was quite a productive day (there's a lot of foot traffic in the store on BBD) and by 3:00 we'd sold $102 worth of tickets. Since the crowds had thinned out considerably by then I didn't feel at all guilty about pulling up stakes and heading home. (All that 'hard work' wore me out.... I took a nap!)


With the money that's already dribbled in from ticket sales, plus what Laura sold at her quilt retreat this weekend, we have already made more than the quilt stand cost. And of course we still have the AQG show coming up next month.

Arizona Dreaming
March 27 - 28, 2015
 Friday, March 27 
9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. 
Saturday, March 28 
9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. 
Mesa Convention Center 
201 North Center Street 
Mesa, AZ 85201 

Our Foothills banner garnered a lot of attention (plus several ladies even tried to buy my red & white quilt, which was covering the table!) and I'm glad I thought to bring a stack of our Foothills business cards. Many cards went home with interested women, so we may be seeing a number of new faces at some of our upcoming meetings.



It was a great day!  And there's another one in store for today; in a little bit I'm off to Summer's baby shower with the baby quilt.






No comments:

Post a Comment