Monday, February 9, 2015

This morning I finished binding the applique project (in rainbow fabric, as both Mom and Wanda suggested) and the finished project is darling.  Can't wait to gift it so I can finally share pix with everyone!


So far everyone who's seen it today (Wanda, Jeannie, and the office crew at Park Meadows) has been quite laudatory.


Wanda agreed to accompany me down to 35th Ave.; I needed a stitch-in-the-ditch foot for my machine, and also some binding for the baby quilt.  The foot was no problem, but matching the turquoise (I went with Karin's vote) took some doing.  However I think the fabric I chose, with gold speckles, will work out just fine. You can decide when I post the finished quilt. 


Hopefully I can get it quilted this afternoon, 
and then maybe do the binding tomorrow.



By the time we'd made our purchases it was lunchtime, so Wanda and I cruised over to Wildflower. We shared the turkey Waldorf salad and chocolate cake, a deliciously decadent dessert after a deliciously healthy lunch. 



I dropped off Jeff & Priscilla's wedding quilt at Jeannie's this afternoon, and she's going to try to have it done in time for me to show off at Busy Bees the end of this month.  It really depends on how bogged down she gets with quilts for the upcoming AQG show, which of course have priority.





No comments:

Post a Comment