Sunday, February 12, 2012

Yesterday I attended a memorial service for the husband of a very close Busy Bee friend, Carol.  Despite a communication snafu (only found out about it at noon, and it was scheduled for 2:00 downtown) I was very grateful to be able to snag a ride with Bobbi C & Joyce.  Good thing, since the service coincided with nap time.  Toward the end I could not resist closing my eyes, and almost fell asleep sitting up in a chair for the first time in my life.  (When Bobbi dropped me off at home at 3:30 I went straight to bed, and may have been asleep by the time she had her van backed out of the driveway!) 

Tom woke me up for dinner (I had heard him in the kitchen, whipping up a batch of his delicious chili, but always fell back asleep immediately) and I managed to stay awake until 9:00 watching TV with him.  I did wake up many times throughout the night (from the anti-nausea med?) almost hourly, but always went right back to sleep, and still had trouble getting out of bed this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Good evening, Lethargic:) Enjoying your Blog:) My intention is to read it everyday. You are an inspiration to me. I'm here if you need me:) Secretly I am hoping that maybe I can do some prep work for Matt and Emily's quilts when I come over to hang out. I love to handsew and watch movies... so maybe? Just thinking about that today. Something for you to consider OR I can just come with movies, and I also love reading aloud...! You mentioned that right now things are fairly 'easy' (for lack of another word at this moment.) Well, dear, good night and I will 'read' you tomorrow:) Love, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prep work on the t-shirt quilts sounds like a great plan- I'll be happy to put you to work!

    ReplyDelete