Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monica did a lovely job quilting - it's a pretty feathery pattern
although sadly it doesn't show up in this picture. 

Here's a close-up of one of the machine embroidered snowmen 
(they're all different):

The borders are weird because I had planned to miter my corners; to that end, I sewed the 3 strips together first.  When it turned out I didn't have quite enough length for mitering, I figured I'd just do the borders the 'regular' way, but since I already had the strips together (and ripping is such a pain) I decided I'd just add them the way they were.  (Kind of like how cancer changed my plans for the next 18 months or so, right?)  Wasn't until I sewed them on that I realized that wasn't quite going to work, but left them anyway.

Once I scallop and bind the edges, there will be a final picture.  But with my next chemo scheduled for tomorrow, you might not want to hold your breath.

It was wonderful to see all the ladies at quilting, and my new do was well received.  Earlier in the month (during Charity Day) the ladies had been sewing chemo hats for kids.  Joyce brought in a couple that she had made, and I modeled them.  (Certainly didn't have to worry about messing up my hair...)  They're awfully cute, and the kids should enjoy them.  I ended up getting to pick one to take home.


Joanne Woodfill made me an adorable pillowcase from the Lorelei Ladies cancer fabric (same line I used to make Tami's quilt, although different pattern)

Look at this stunning jacket that Sharon was wearing - she does such beautiful work!  I love how Kokopelli's curved Flying Geese make the perfect edge to her jacket.

Now I'm back at home, waiting for my anti-nausea meds to be delivered.  (Not sure why these can't be ordered through Walgreens, but there must be a reason, right?)  Just hope that they're a little more prompt than last time, when our 'afternoon' delivery arrived at 8:00 p.m.; since someone has to sign for them it meant someone (Tom) had to sit around all day and wait.  (I was in Maryland, 'partying'.)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!  But since
  
 let me also say


No comments:

Post a Comment