Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Training Day

Had a great time at quilting this morning, and tanked up on hugs (you can never have too many, right?)  
Sure wish I'd brought my camera for Mary's trunk show so I could share the pix here.  
Her quilts were beautiful!

Then this afternoon was Chemo Training.  
 As expected, I didn't really get much new information since I've been very proactive about reading all the information that's been given to me so far.  I already knew about my chemo drugs (and their side effects), knew that it's very important to eat well and stay hydrated, etc.  About the only thing I didn't know was that I have to monitor my temperature closely during chemo; anything over 100.5 means an immediate call into the oncologist.  So I'm off to the store tonight for a thermometer (I know we had one when the kids were younger, but haven't seen it in years.)
I've got all my anti-nausea meds ready (one of them, only 3 pills-worth, cost over $300, but if they work it will be well worth it - I do NOT want a repeat of morning sickness like I had with Lisa, which, despite its name, lasted all day (and sometimes into the night... once I dreamt I was on a boat and seasick!!!) 

So, folks, tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment