Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Facelift

The week before I headed to Maryland we had the pool replastered (like the rest of us, it's getting older and had developed cracks and leaks) and a dedicated line for Creepy installed.  They jackhammered all the existing plaster (quite a job!!!) and it turns out that our pool had an 'obvious signature' of a builder who was well known in the business for his well-built pools - so maybe now it's good for another 40 years!

This week the deck is getting a facelift.  
 
The crew never showed as expected on Monday (or called), but Tuesday morning just as I was getting ready to head out back to the hot tub for a nice morning soak, they appeared.  Since I always soak in the altogether (do YOU wear a bathing suit to soak in your bathtub?)  the timing turned out to be a good thing (I'd forgotten they were coming!) and had to wait for my soak until they left late in the afternoon.

Pokey was a bit of an issue.  "For some reason" we didn't want her leaving tracks in the new layer of decking, so we tried blocking her into her night crate with the heavy grill and several cinder blocks.  You get three guesses (with the usual caveat that the first two don't count....) as to how well that worked!  Tom had put his back out earlier in the day (continuing his work on digging out the main irrigation ditch) so once Pokey  escaped her confines one of the young deckhands got to pick her up and 'help' her over the decking to the grass for her afternoon's grazing enjoyment.  Aside from a comment about how surprisingly heavy she is, he said he didn't mind - although it's obviously not a part of his regular job description!  Plus he got to feed her some lettuce.

In a little bit I'm off to the Foothills quilt meeting.  Most of the ladies haven't seen me since I dropped the Cancer Bomb on them; I've gotten such supportive e-mails, calls, cards (quilters are SUCH nice people!) and I'm looking forward to showing them that I'm doing well.

SCREW CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment