Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY, ARIZONA!

These days I have a pretty good idea of how it feels to be 100 years old..... <G>  

Happy to report that Monday was a better day than Sunday.  I managed to eat a little something for brunch: Alex made me a couple of eggs, and Tom brought home fresh bagels and cream cheese, which also were appealing.  I also ate dinner: chicken soup from Carrabba's, a honeymoon salad (lettuce alone) and a banana.  Tom has offered to make me whatever I want 
 but at this point I'm not really able to take advantage of his considerable culinary skills.

Monday morning Suzanne stopped by (with her friend Melissa) to take care of a tailoring issue for me (the weight loss continues) and they asked for a viewing of my quilts peeking from the shelf.  That was fun, but guess it wore me out.  Slept for the rest of the afternoon  (missing a visit from Estera and 6-month-old Willie) although did wake up in time to see Goucher's Sarah strut her stuff on Jeopardy.  Stayed awake until 8:00, when I decided that it made more sense to sleep in bed.  Woke up at 11:00, read for (maybe?) 5 minutes and then was back asleep again.  More or less slept until 7:00 this morning (any forays into consciousness lasted just long enough to look at my watch, note the time, and lapse back into unconsciousness.)

The flowers, which were waiting for me when I returned from chemo on Thursday, are blooming madly.  Very cheery (although the lilies are much too 'aromatic' for my heightened sensibilities these days and have been 86-ed from the bedroom.)

Did I mention that my personal shopper (AKA Patti) stopped by Sunday morning with jeans in several smaller sizes, so that IF I should find myself out and about one of these days (note: there are currently no plans to get out of my jammies) I will have fewer worries of my pants sliding off and puddling around my ankles.  This is not a weight loss plan I recommend!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great thought to hang on to... but the literature seems to agree that the severity of the side-effects is not related to the effectiveness of the the treatment...

    ReplyDelete