Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Focus

Some of you may have noticed that (after blogging daily) I haven't blogged at all this past month.  
A lot has been going on, but I'm hoping that now I'll be back at it regularly.

In December I was diagnosed with breast cancer; in January I had successful surgery to remove the tumors, then two weeks later another surgery to have the chemo port inserted.  

 This past week was spent in Maryland with family and friends.  Now I'm home in Arizona again, and on Thursday I start the chemo.  My prognosis is excellent, although it's going to be a long haul: 6 months of aggressive chemo, then 2 months of radiation along with another year of chemo.

Still, I'm lucky in SO many ways: there is treatment (however vile) for 'what ails me', the cancer was caught early enough (stage 2) that a full cure is quite probable, I have insurance (no small thing!), it's me and not Lisa or Alex!, I don't have little kids (or a job) to worry about, etc., etc., etc.  Family and friends have rallied around, and I know I'll be just fine.

In the meantime, my blog is likely to revolve around my Journey to Health rather than fun stuff (Thursday is the first night of fireworks at Winter Blast in Lake Havasu City - I'm sorry to be missing it this year, and visiting with my out-of-town friends.)  So for those of you who want to be kept in the loop, this is the place!
My JOURNEY TO HEALTH begins here.  I plan to continue the general upbeat tone of my blog (if you browse back to earlier entries, you're bound to smile at some of the pictures and stories) because we all know that

Tune in tomorrow to find out what Chemo Training involves.  (I'm curious myself!)

2 comments: