Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Managed to get through my gym workout this morning. Still not where I was a month ago, before I left on vacation, but the good news is I'm not struggling nearly as much. 

 

Finished binding a gift this afternoon, then got several gifts wrapped and packaged, and headed to the post office.  I figured today wouldn't be crazy, my reasoning being that people would mob the post office yesterday (after spending the weekend getting ready), and today's people would have gone in the morning.  Wrong.  The parking lot was pretty packed, but at least the line inside wasn't out the door and there were 4 windows open.  I actually arrived just in time, though, because a couple of minutes later the line had literally tripled (or quadrupled!) in size, winding way out the door.  Happy to say that I, however, was in and out in under 15 minutes.




* * * * * * * * * *


I got some very sad, and totally unexpected, news this afternoon.  Grace called so I wouldn't get blindsided by an e-mail Louise will be sending out.  One of the Busy Bees, Joni, has passed away.  She seemed just fine at the party last week, where I sat next to her and we chatted away, and Grace said she sounded just fine when they spoke on Friday.  When Joni's family couldn't reach her by phone the past several days they went over to check, and found her "asleep" in bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment